Convert Fraction To Decimal/Percent
1. To convert a fraction to decimal, we are essentially dividing the numerator by the denominator.
2. The bottom number is the denominator and is the number of parts the whole is divided into. The numerator (top number) is the exact portion of the parts being considered.
3. Fractions can be classified as proper, improper or mixed.
4. Proper Fraction: The numerator is less than the denominator.
Examples: 1/3, 3/4, 2/7
Improper Fraction: The numerator is greater than, or equal to, the denominator.
Examples: 7/6, 15/8, 9/9
Mixed Fraction: A whole number and proper fraction combined.
Examples: 21 3/5, 7 5/9, 10 3/7
To display the decimal or percent equivalent of a fraction, simply input the numerator and the denominator; the decimal and percent are automatically displayed.
See also :
- Convert Decimal To Fraction